Spectrofluorimeter FluoroMax-4, HORIBA, Jobin Yvon
Spectrofluorimeter FluoroMax-4 HORIBA Jobin Yvon offers
analytical speed and the ultimate sensitivity in fluorescence investigations.
Fluorescence spectroscopy has assumed a major role in analysis, as for
applicable compounds fluorescence gives high sensitivity and high
specificity. High sensitivity results from a difference in wavelength
between the exciting and fluorescence radiation. These results in a signal
contrasted with essentially zero background. High specificity results from
dependence on two spectra: the excitation and the emission spectrum. 3-D
matrix scanning and contour-mapping provide a unique fingerprint that
qualitatively identifies a compound. In florescence analysis, the amount
of light emitted characteristically under suitable excitation is used as
a measure of the concentration of the responsible species. Concentrations
as low as fg/ml can be determined.
- Estimation of subtle differences in protein tertiary structure by
monitoring intrinsic tryptophane fluorescence of proteins.
- Determination of binding constants of small molecules (such as
polyphenols) to proteins by tryptophan fluorescence quenching method.
- Investigation of protein surface hydrophobicity (or small changes in
tertiary structure influencing surface hydrophobicity) by monitoring of
binding of hydrophobic fluorescent probe (such as ANS,
- Monitoring of Maillard reaction by detection of fluorescent Maillard
- Highly sensitive determination of enzyme activity with fluorescent
- Evaluation of interactions of biologically active coordinated compounds,
such as platinum (IV) and ruthenium (II) complexes, with human serum albumin
and calf thymus DNA.
- Correlation of structure and features of natural and synthetic molecules
and their metal complexes.
Prof. dr Ljuba MandiŠ
phone: (+381 11) 333 66 76
device is located in room 509
- Excitation: Range 200-950nm
- Emission: Range 200-950nm
- Bandpass: 0-15nm, continuously adjustable from computer
- Integration time: From 1 ms to 160 s
- Scan speed: 80 nm/s
- Water Raman signal: min. 400.000 cps minimum at 350 nm excitation,
397 nm emission, 5 nm bandpass, 1 s integration time
- Signal/Noise ratio: 3000/1
- Thermostated single cuvette holder. Designed for 1 cm pathlength
cuvettes. Maintains temperature from -20° to 80°C.