Milica M. PopoviŠ, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of Biochemistry
Phone (local): 869
E-mail: la_bioquimica AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on March 25, 1982 in Belgrade, Serbia. Speaks Serbian, English, German and Spanish language
Education and qualifications
2007: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2012: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
2008: Teaching assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2009-2015: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2015-2016: Scientific associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2016-2016: Assistant professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
- Heterologic production of protein therapeutics;
- Sequence-structure-function analysis of proteins using molecular biology, molecular modeling and structural bioinformatics;
- Application of recombinant antibody technology for development of novel diagnostic and therapuric protocols.
Awards and merits
2010: FEBS Collaborative Experimental Schollarship for Central and Eastern Europe
2011: Best poster prize
XXX EAACI Congress; Istanbul; Turkey
2012: FEBS Collaborative Experimental Schollarship for Central and Eastern Europe
2014: Postdoctoral stipend from The Ministry of Education, Science and Technological development Republic of Serbia
Member of Serbian Biochemical Society from 2011.
Member of Serbian Association for Cancer Research from October 2018.
- HF-2016-14 (Isolation of recombinant nanobodies specific for exosome subclasses)
international project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
- 172049 (Allergens, antibodies, enzymes and small physiologically relevant molecules: design, structure, function and significance)
project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
- COST Action FA1402 (5) Improving Allergy Risk Assessment Strategy for New Food Proteins (ImpARAS))
international project - European Union (Brusseles, Belgium)
- COST Action CA15126 (Between Atom and Cell: Integrating Molecular Biophysics Approaches for Biology and Healthcare (MOBIEU))
international project - Evropska Unija (Brisel, Belgium)
Author identification numbers
- Grozdanovic, M., Popovic, M., Gavrovic-Jankulovic, M. Design and Cloning Strategies of Recombinant Allergens for Diagnosis and Specific Immunotherapy in Advances in Genetics Research vol 11, Nova Science publishing 2014, pp. 19-46 (ISBN 9781629487458)
- Nikolić,J., Popović, M., Gavrović-Jankulović, M. Banana as a Food Allergen Source 2016 in Bananas: Cultivation, Consumption and Crop Disease, Nova Science publishing 2016 accepted for press (ISNB 978-1-63485-429-0)
- Popovic, M., Mazzega, E., Toffoletto, B. & de Marco, A. Isolation of antiextra-cellular vesicle single-domain antibodies by direct panning on vesicle enriched fractions. Microbial Cell Factories (2018).17, 6 doi:10.1186/s12934-017-0856-9
- Popović, M. and de Marco, A. Canonical and selective approaches in exosome purification and their implications for diagnostic accuracy. Translational Cancer Research (2017).doi: 0.21037/tcr.2017.08.44
- Andjelković, U., Tufegdžić, S. and Popović, M. Use of monolithic supports for high-throughput protein and peptide separation in proteomics. ELECTROPHORESIS (2017) doi: 10.1002/elps.201700260
- Kojadinovic, M. et al. Effect of urolithins on oxidative stress of colorectal adenocarcinomacells-Caco-2. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition (2017) 68, 952-959.
- Popovic, M. et al. Identification of stress biomarkers for drought and increased soil temperature in seedlings of European beech (Fagus sylvatica L.). Canadian Journal of Forest Research (2017). doi: 10.1139/cjfr-2016-0530
- Popovic, M., Prodanovic, R., Ostafe, R., Schillberg, S., et al., Yeast surface display is a novel tool for the rapid immunological characterization of plant-derived food allergens. Immunologic Ressearch (2016) 61, 230-239
- Popović, M., et al., Identification of environmental stress biomarkers in seedlings of European beech (Fagus sylvatica) and Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris). Canadian Journal of Forest Research (2015) 46, 58-66.
- Popovic, M., Andjelkovic, U., Burazer, L., Lindner, B., et al., Biochemical and immunological characterization of a recombinantlyproduced antifungal cysteine proteinase inhibitor from green kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa). Phytochemistry (2013) 94, 53-59.
- Popovic, M., Grozdanovic, M., Gavrovic-Jankulovic, M., Kiwifruit as a food allergen source. Journal of Serbian Chemical Society (2013) 78, 333-35
- Popovic, M., Andjelkovic, U., Grozdanovic, M., Aleksic, I., Gavrovic-Jankulovic, M., In Vitro Antibacterial Activity of Cysteine Protease Inhibitor from Kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa). Indian Journal of Microbiology (2013) 53, 100-105.
- Popovic, M. M., Bulajic, A., Ristic, D., Krstic, B., et al., In vitro and in vivo antifungal properties of cysteine proteinase inhibitor from green kiwifruit. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture (2012) 92, 3072-3078
Fri Oct 9 10:35:31 2020