Milan R. Nikolić, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of Biochemistry
Phone: 011 3336 657, 011-3336657
Phone (local): 657
E-mail: mnikolic AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on September 28, 1971 in Zaječar, Serbia. Single. Speaks Serbian and English language.
Education and qualifications
1996: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2002: Master of science studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2010: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
1996: Junior associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1998: Associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1999: Graduate assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2003-2010: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2010-2013: Scientific associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2013-2016: Assistant professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
Protein biochemistry: post-translational modifications of hemoglobin and protein-ligand interactions.
Biochemistry of free-radical processes.
The effects and mechanisms of action of drugs and bioactive natural substances.
Member of Yugoslav Biochemical Society from 1998.
Member of Serbian Chemical Society from 2000.
member of the Committee for Admision to Basic and Integrated Studies from June 9, 2016.
Member of the Ethical Committee for Use of Human Biological Matherial in Research from October 13, 2016.
- 172035 (Rational Design and Synthesis of Bioactive and Coordination Compounds and Functional Materials Relevant for (bio)Nanotechnology)
project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
Author identification numbers
Izabrani radovi / Selected papers:
- Radibratović M, Minić SL, Stanić-Vučinić D, Nikolić M, Milčić M, Ćirković Veličković T. Stabilization of Human Serum Albumin by the Binding of Phycocyanobilin, a Bioactive Chromophore of Blue-Green Alga Spirulina: Molecular Dynamics and Experimental Study. PLoS One (2016), 11(12):e0167973.
- Minic SL, Stanic-Vucinic D, Mihailovic J, Krstic M, Nikolic MR, Cirkovic Velickovic T. Digestion by pepsin releases biologically active chromopeptides from C-phycocyanin, a blue colored biliprotein of microalga Spirulina. J Proteom. (2016), 147:132-139.
- Simeon Minić, Miloš Milčić, Dragana Stanić-Vučinić, Milica Radibratović, Theodore Sotiroudis, Milan Nikolić, Tanja Ćirkovic Veličković. Phycocyanobilin, a bioactive tetrapyrrolic compound of blue-green alga Spirulina, binds with high affinity and competes with bilirubin for binding on human serum albumin. RSC Adv. (2015), 5:61787-61798.
- Breberina LM, Milčić MK, Nikolić MR, Stojanović SD. Contribution of anion-π interactions to the stability of Sm/LSm proteins. J Biol Inorg Chem. (2015), 20:475-485.
- Dragana Stanić-Vučinić, Ivana Prodić, Danijela Apostolović, Milan Nikolić, Tanja Ćirković Veličković. Structure and antioxidant activity of β-lactoglobulin-glycoconjugates obtained by high-intensity-ultrasound-induced Maillard reaction in aqueous model systems under neutral conditions. Food Chemistry (2013), 138:590–599.
- Čedo Miljević, Aleksandra Nikolić-Kokić, Milan Nikolić, Vesna Niketić, Mihajlo B. Spasić, Dušica Lečić-Toševski, Duško Blagojević. Effect of atypical antipsychotics on antioxidant enzyme activities in human erythrocytes (in vitro study). Hum Psychopharmacol Clin Exp (2013), 28:1-6.
- Miljević Č, Nikolić M, Nikolić-Kokić A, Jones DR, Niketić V, Lečić-Toševski D, Spasić MB. Lipid status, anti-oxidant enzyme defence and haemoglobin content in the blood of long-term clozapine-treated schizophrenic patients. Prog Neuro-Psychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry (2010), 34:303-7.
- M Nikolić, D Ristić Medić, D Stanić, M Postić, A Arsić, V Niketić. Dietary lipid intake influences the level of cholesterol bound to haemoglobin in human erythrocytes. Eur J Nutr. (2008), 47:123-130.
- Nikolić M, Stanić D, Baričević I, Jones DR, Nedić O, Niketić V. Efflux of cholesterol and phospholipids derived from the haemoglobin-lipid adduct in human red blood cells into plasma. Clin Biochem. (2007), 40:305-309.
- Nikolić M, Vranić D, Spirić A, Batas V, Nikolić-Kokić A, Radetić P, Turubatović L, Blagojević D, Jones DR, Niketić V, Spasić MB. Could cholesterol bound to hemoglobin be a missing link for the occasional inverse relationship between superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase activities? Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2006), 348:265-270.
- S Stojanović, D Stanić, M Nikolić, M Spasić, V Niketić. Iron catalyzed conversion of NO into nitrosonium (NO+) and nitroxyl (HNO/NO-) species. Nitric Oxide (2004), 11:256-262.
- M Nikolić, D Stanić, N Antonijević, V Niketić. Cholesterol bound to hemoglobin in normal human erythrocytes: a new form of cholesterol in circulation? Clin Biochem. (2004), 37:22-26.
Mon Sep 17 19:48:33 2018