Milan R. Nikolić, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of Biochemistry
Phone: 011 3336 657, 011-3336657
Phone (local): 657
E-mail: mnikolic AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on September 28, 1971 in Zaječar, Serbia. Single. Speaks Serbian and English language.
Education and qualifications
1996: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2002: Master of science studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2010: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
1996: Junior associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1998: Associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1999: Graduate assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2003-2010: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2010-2013: Scientific associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2013-2016: Assistant professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
Protein biochemistry: post-translational modifications of hemoglobin and protein-ligand interactions.
Biochemistry of free-radical processes.
The effects and mechanisms of action of drugs and bioactive natural substances.
Member of Yugoslav Biochemical Society from 1998.
Member of Serbian Chemical Society from 2000.
- 172035 (Rational Design and Synthesis of Bioactive and Coordination Compounds and Functional Materials Relevant for (bio)Nanotechnology)
project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
Author identification numbers
Izabrani radovi / Selected papers:
- Radibratović M, Minić SL, Stanić-Vučinić D, Nikolić M, Milčić M, Ćirković Veličković T. Stabilization of Human Serum Albumin by the Binding of Phycocyanobilin, a Bioactive Chromophore of Blue-Green Alga Spirulina: Molecular Dynamics and Experimental Study. PLoS One (2016), 11(12):e0167973.
- Minic SL, Stanic-Vucinic D, Mihailovic J, Krstic M, Nikolic MR, Cirkovic Velickovic T. Digestion by pepsin releases biologically active chromopeptides from C-phycocyanin, a blue colored biliprotein of microalga Spirulina. J Proteom. (2016), 147:132-139.
- Simeon Minić, Miloš Milčić, Dragana Stanić-Vučinić, Milica Radibratović, Theodore Sotiroudis, Milan Nikolić, Tanja Ćirkovic Veličković. Phycocyanobilin, a bioactive tetrapyrrolic compound of blue-green alga Spirulina, binds with high affinity and competes with bilirubin for binding on human serum albumin. RSC Adv. (2015), 5:61787-61798.
- Breberina LM, Milčić MK, Nikolić MR, Stojanović SD. Contribution of anion-π interactions to the stability of Sm/LSm proteins. J Biol Inorg Chem. (2015), 20:475-485.
- Dragana Stanić-Vučinić, Ivana Prodić, Danijela Apostolović, Milan Nikolić, Tanja Ćirković Veličković. Structure and antioxidant activity of β-lactoglobulin-glycoconjugates obtained by high-intensity-ultrasound-induced Maillard reaction in aqueous model systems under neutral conditions. Food Chemistry (2013), 138:590–599.
- Čedo Miljević, Aleksandra Nikolić-Kokić, Milan Nikolić, Vesna Niketić, Mihajlo B. Spasić, Dušica Lečić-Toševski, Duško Blagojević. Effect of atypical antipsychotics on antioxidant enzyme activities in human erythrocytes (in vitro study). Hum Psychopharmacol Clin Exp (2013), 28:1-6.
- Miljević Č, Nikolić M, Nikolić-Kokić A, Jones DR, Niketić V, Lečić-Toševski D, Spasić MB. Lipid status, anti-oxidant enzyme defence and haemoglobin content in the blood of long-term clozapine-treated schizophrenic patients. Prog Neuro-Psychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry (2010), 34:303-7.
- M Nikolić, D Ristić Medić, D Stanić, M Postić, A Arsić, V Niketić. Dietary lipid intake influences the level of cholesterol bound to haemoglobin in human erythrocytes. Eur J Nutr. (2008), 47:123-130.
- Nikolić M, Stanić D, Baričević I, Jones DR, Nedić O, Niketić V. Efflux of cholesterol and phospholipids derived from the haemoglobin-lipid adduct in human red blood cells into plasma. Clin Biochem. (2007), 40:305-309.
- Nikolić M, Vranić D, Spirić A, Batas V, Nikolić-Kokić A, Radetić P, Turubatović L, Blagojević D, Jones DR, Niketić V, Spasić MB. Could cholesterol bound to hemoglobin be a missing link for the occasional inverse relationship between superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase activities? Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2006), 348:265-270.
- S Stojanović, D Stanić, M Nikolić, M Spasić, V Niketić. Iron catalyzed conversion of NO into nitrosonium (NO+) and nitroxyl (HNO/NO-) species. Nitric Oxide (2004), 11:256-262.
- M Nikolić, D Stanić, N Antonijević, V Niketić. Cholesterol bound to hemoglobin in normal human erythrocytes: a new form of cholesterol in circulation? Clin Biochem. (2004), 37:22-26.
Mon Apr 30 12:47:05 2018