Jelena M. AŠimoviŠ, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of Biochemistry
Phone (local): 676
E-mail: jelena AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on Julu 7th 1976. in Belgrade, mother of two daughters - Marija and Branka
Education and qualifications
2000: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2005: Master of science studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2012: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
2001: Graduate assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2006-2014: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2014: Scientific associate / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
- pathological and toxycological biochemistry
- modification of proteins in hyperglycemia
- development of methods suitable for clinical and toxycological practice
Member of Serbian Chemical Society.
Member of Serbian Biochemical Society.
- FCUB-ERA 256716 (Reinforcement of the Faculty of Chemistry, Uvinersity of Belgrade, towards becoming a centre of excellence in the region of West Balkans for molecular biotechnology and food research)
international project - European Union (Brusseles, Belgium)
- 172049 (Allergens, antibodies, enzymes and small physiologically relevant molecules: design, structure, function and significance)
project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
Author identification numbers
Izabrani radovi / Selected papers:
- Pavićević, I.D., Jovanović, V.B., Takić, M.M., Aćimović, J.M., Penezić, A.Z., Mandić, L.M. Quantification of total content of non-esterified fatty acids bound to human serum albumin J Pharm Biomed Anal (2016) 129, 43-49.
- Takić, M.M., Jovanović, V.B., Pavićević, I.D., Uzelac, T.N., Aćimović, J.M., Ristić-Medić, D.K., Mandić, L.M. Binding of enterolactone and enterodiol to human serum albumin: Increase of cysteine-34 thiol group reactivity Food Funct (2016) 7 (2), 1217-1226.
- Penezić, A.Z., Jovanović, V.B., Pavićević, I.D., Aćimović, J.M., Mandić, L.M. HSA carbonylation with methylglyoxal and the binding/release of copper(ii) ions, Metallomics, (2015) 7 (10), 1431-1438.
- Jelena M. Aćimović; Ana Penezić-Romanjuk, Ivan D. Pavićević Vesna B. Jovanović and Ljuba M. Mandić: The efficiency of compounds with α-amino-β-mercapto-ethane group in protection of human serum albumin carbonylation and cross-linking with methylglyoxal, Mol BioSyst (2014) 10 (8), 2166 - 2175.
- I.D. Pavićević, V.B. Jovanović, M.M. Takić, A.Z. Penezić-Romanjuk, J.M. Aćimović, Lj.M. Mandić: Fatty acids binding to human serum albumin: changes of reactivity and glycation level of Cysteine-34 free thiol group with methylglyoxal. Chem Biol Int (2014) 224, 42–50.
- V.B. Jovanović, I.D. Pavićević, M.M. Takić, A.Z. Penezić-Romanjuk, , J.M. Aćimović, Lj.M. Mandić: The influence of fatty acids on determination of human serum albumin thiol group, Anal Biochem (2014) 448, 50-57.
- Jelena M. Acimovic; Vesna B. Jovanovic; Vesna Dimitrijevic Sreckovic; Ana Penezic-Romanjuk and Ljuba M. Mandic. Monitoring of the human serum albumin carbonylation level through determination of guanidino group content. Anal Biochem (2013), 433, 162-167
- Jelena M. Acimovic; Vesna B. Jovanovic; Milica R. Veselinovic; Vesna Dimitrijevic Sreckovic; Ljuba M. Mandic. Method for monitoring of the protein amino group changes during carbonylation. Clin Biochem (2011) 44, 994-999
- Acimović M.Jelena, Stanimirović D.Bojana, Todorović Nina, Jovanović B.Vesna, Mandić M.Ljuba. Influence of the microenvironment of thiol groups in low molecular mass thiols and serum albumin on the reaction with methylglyoxal, Chem Biol Int (2010), 188, 21-30
- Aćimović Jelena, Stanimirović Bojana, Mandić M. Ljuba: The role of thiol group in protein modification with methylglyoxal. J Serb Chem Soc (2009), 74 (8-9), 867-883
- Acimovic, Jelena M.; Jovanovic, Vesna B.; Mandic, Ljuba M. Influence of pigments and pH of urine on the determination of N-acetyl-b-D-glucosaminidase activity with 2-methoxy-4-(2'-nitrovinyl)-phenyl-N-acetyl-b-D-glucosaminide. J Clin Lab Anal (2005), 19(6), 260-266
- Mandic, Ljuba M.; Acimovic, Jelena M.; Jovanovic, Vesna B. The possibility of determining N-acetyl-b-D-glucosaminidase isoenzymes under alkaline conditions. Clin Biochem (2005), 38(4), 384-389
- Nedic, Olgica; Kikolic, Judith Anna; Prisic, Sladana; Acimovic, Jelena; Hajdukovic-Dragojlovic, Ljiljana. Reactivity of IGF binding protein-3 isoforms towards concanavalin A in healthy adults and subjects with cirrhosis. Addict Biol (2003), 8(1), 81-88
- Mandic, Ljuba; Radmila, Maksimovic; Jelena, Acimovic; Dubravka, Dobric. Change in the isoenzyme profiles of urinary N-acetyl-b-D-glucosoaminidase in workers exposed to mercury. Toxicol Ind Health (2002), 18(5), 207-214
Tue Nov 27 18:44:57 2018