Completed undergraduate academic studies with a workload of 240 ECTS.
Study programme goals
The primary goal of this study program is to enable students to acquire a master’s degree which (along with the degree obtained within the undergraduate studies) will be recognized by all European institutions and which will enable students to find suitable employment or to continue their education within doctoral studies in biochemistry or related disciplines at Serbian or European universities.
Upon completing the study program Biochemistry, the candidate is awarded the title "MSc in Biochemistry".
Access to further studies
Diploma holders are entitled to enroll on doctoral academic studies, which have the workload of 180 ECTS.
Students who have successfully completed master academic studies in biochemistry:
- are able conduct all phases of a part of research within a research project within a team;
- have experience of working with the latest instruments used in biochemistry research laboratories and the relevant laboratory practice (safety at work, working with pathological material), are able to independently keep laboratory notebook and have numerical skills necessary for all biochemical calculations;
- have the knowledge and skills necessary for working with biological material and laboratory animals;
- are able to independently apply complex biochemical protocols and are familiar with bioinformatics and the use of computers in all stages of research work;
- are able to solve scientific and practical biochemical problems by using analytical and computational methods;
- are able to study literature and present a critical overview of literature data;
- are able to present the results of their work at scientific conferences both orally and in writing.
Weekly number of classes for each course is shown as: lectures + practical classes + laboratory classes or as: (active teaching + independent work).
|Elective Course 1||E51B2||6||
|Elective Course 2||E52B2||4||
|Elective Course 3||E53B2||4||
|Study and Research||R51B2||4||
|Master Thesis Work||R52B2||20||
- Basics of Programming for Biochemists (065B2)
- Advanced Structural Instrumental Methods (257B2)
- Statistics and Advanced Data Processing in Biochemistry (358B2)
- Optimization of Selected Biochemical Processes (461B2)
- Introduction to Metabolomics (258B2)
- Protein Engineering (457B2)
- Molecular Alergology (458B2)
- Ecological Biochemistry (459B2)
- Biochemistry of Malignant Cell (462B2)
- Biochemistry and Biophysics of Macromolecules (453B2)
- Mechanisms of Action of Physiologically Active Compounds (454B2)
- Biogeotechnology with Fundamentals of Green Chemistry (455B2)
- Food and Function (456B2)
The courses which are compulsory within other study programs of the same level of study can also be elective courses for the students of this study program.