Tanja D. Ćirković Veličković, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of Biochemistry
Phone (local): 608
E-mail: tcirkov AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on 16th of September 1972 in Smederevska Palanka.
Education and qualifications
1995: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1999: Master of science studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2002: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
1997: Graduate assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2000: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2003: Assistant professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2008: Associate professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2013-2016: Full professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
Proteomics. Food and function and molecular allergology
Awards and merits
2003: COIMBRA Group Fellowship Award
2004: European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology long term fellowship Award
2005: Award of the Serbian Chemical Society for young scientists
2011: Postdoctoral fellowship award of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia
Corresponding member of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts from November 8, 2018 - Department of chemical and biological sciences.
Member of Serbian Chemical Society from 1995.
Member of European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology from 1998.
Member of Biochemical Society of Serbia from October 22, 2011.
Member of Human Proteome Organization from November 3, 2015. HUPO Council Member
Member of Serbian Proteomics Association from November 3, 2015. President
Head of the Center of Scientific Excellence from April 11, 2014.
- FCUB-ERA 256716 (Reinforcement of the Faculty of Chemistry, Uvinersity of Belgrade, towards becoming a centre of excellence in the region of West Balkans for molecular biotechnology and food research)
international project - European Union (Brusseles, Belgium)
- 172024 (Molecular properties and modifications of some respiratory and nutritive allergens)
project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
- No. 810752 (Twinning of research activities for the frontier research in the fields of food, nutrition and environmental ‘omics)
international project - Research Executive Agency (Brisel, Belgium)
Author identification numbers
Articles: > 97
Citations: > 1000
Knjige i revijalni radovi / Books and reviews:
- Tanja Cirkovic Velickovic & Marija Garovic-Jankulovic: Food Allergens, Biochemistry and Molecular Nutrition. Springer, 2014.
Izabrani radovi / Selected recent papers:
- S.L. Minic, et al, Phycocyanobilin, a bioactive tetrapyrrolic compound of blue-green alga Spirulina, binds with high affinity and competes with bilirubin for binding on human serum albumin, RSC Advances, 5 (2015) 61787-61798.
- L. Mihajlovic, J. et al, Composition of polyphenol and polyamide compounds in common ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia L.) pollen and sub-pollen particles, Phytochemistry, 109 (2015) 125-132.
- D. Apostolovic, et al, Red meat allergic patients have a selective IgE response to the α-Gal glycan, Allergy: European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, (2015).
- M. Stojadinovic, et al, Cross-linking of β-lactoglobulin enhances allergic sensitization through changes in cellular uptake and processing, Toxicological Sciences, 140 (2014) 224-235.
- J. Radosavljevic, et alt, Sensitizing potential of enzymatically cross-linked peanut proteins in a mouse model of peanut allergy, Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, 58 (2014) 635-646.
- J. Ognjenović, et al, Interactions of epigallo-catechin 3-gallate and ovalbumin, the major allergen of egg white, Food Chemistry, 164 (2014) 36-43.
- M. Krstic, et al, The anti-cancer activity of green tea, coffee and cocoa extracts on human cervical adenocarcinoma HeLa cells depends on both pro-oxidant and anti-proliferative activities of polyphenols, RSC Advances, 5 (2014) 3260-3268.
- D. Apostolovic, et al, Immunoproteomics of processed beef proteins reveal novel galactose-α-1,3-galactose-containing allergens, Allergy: European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 69 (2014) 1308-1315.
- M. Stojadinovic, et al, Binding affinity between dietary polyphenols and β-lactoglobulin negatively correlates with the protein susceptibility to digestion and total antioxidant activity of complexes formed, Food Chemistry, 136 (2013) 1263-1271.
- D. Apostolovic, et al, Reduction and alkylation of peanut allergen isoforms Ara h 2 and Ara h 6; Characterization of intermediate- and end products, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Proteins and Proteomics, 1834 (2013) 2832-2842.
Tue Mar 19 14:11:35 2019